Thursday, April 12, 2007

What I have done in Chicago thus far

Nothing.

Besides look for an apartment, I've spent most of my time in the hotel. One huge reason is due to the fact that I think its cold outside. So far, I've ventured out only to get food, look for an apartment, and meet up with a friend. Yeap, thats it. For three days. And I spent a lot of moolah online yesterday to make my apartment decent. I kept reminding myself to be thrifty and what not, but I just kept buying more and more. I love to be comfortable and cosy in my own place and thus a barebones apartment will just not cut it for me. But whats been deterring me from spending a fortune is that I don't actually have a fortune. Duh. Oh well.

On to other territories, I think that between last year and this year, I know a lot of people (myself included) who had hit some bad turf. Its probably due to our life changes, and I guess it is part of growing up. More often than not, we will all dwell in it and at that moment, it seems like its not worth it to be doing what we've been doing all this while. I can't say for sure that we will all survive every depressing moment and come out on the very top the next second, like how you see in movies. What I can say is that when things get rough, you can count on your friends to be there for you. They may not be able to pull you up, but sometimes, just knowing that you have their support can be good enough. I know that I'm not the best listener nor do I have a lot of time to spare, but I do sincerely want my friends to know that when it matters, they can count on me. Ok, sappy and unrelated, I know. I just had to say it.

So, anyway, I need to shower. Bye.

2 comments:

butter ghee said...

hmmm i agree with the bad turf.. a lot of my friends have the same situation as well~~ maybe my friends are ur frens too..

Anonymous said...

true words indeed.

i wish im able to ease ur pain. for u have my support, always. im just really sorry to almost loosing u, for sumone and sumthing that now i realise isnt worth it at all.

hardest challenge when we have to pack up and leave everything behind, to start new in a completely different place, completely alone.

please take care dear friend. perhaps one day i shall return the favour of visiting ur new home.

i love u, always will.